|Teachers receive flowers from their students at the end of a|
a study abroad program at ACLAS.
- Engage the department of your discipline at the local universities.
- Reach out to the international affairs office (or international education office) at the local universities - this group is often very motivated to meet foreign academics and will have many ideas and suggestions for connections.
- Even if you are not language faculty, get in touch with the foreign language department. These departments often have a lot of international connections and are eager to make more.
- adapting to new environments
- taking initiative and risks
- responsibility and follow through
- stress management
Although there is rightfully much focus on academic achievement in our field, the “soft skills” will serve you well in future leadership positions and other roles.